Join us to commemorate National Good Neighbor day by feeding some Chicagoans in need.
In our current political climate, it is easy to get bogged down in higher levels of civic engagement. For our Meetup this quarter we would like to focus on public participation on a neighborhood level.
Neighborhood involvement builds connectedness. And connectedness builds more satisfying, self-sufficient and effective communities that strengthen our nation as a whole.
Bring non – perishable items to donate to the Greater Chicago Food Depository and stay for a mixer where we discuss the importance of civic engagement in our communities.
• Canned Tuna, Chicken, and Beef
• Cereal and Oatmeal
• Ramen, Pasta and Rice
• Mac & Cheese
• Toiletries- both full and sample sizes
• Canned Beans or Dry Beans
• Peanut butter or Other Nut Butters
• Canned Fruit
• Canned Vegetables and Soup
• Nuts and Seeds
• Shelf Stable Milk and Milk Substitutes
• Pasta Sauce
• Canned Stews
• Olive or Canola Oil
• Dried Fruits
• Holiday Foods - stuffing, cranberry sauce, greens, yams
• Dried Herbs and Spices
• Granola Bars
Date: September 19th
Time: 6:30 - 8:00pm
Where: Ravenswood Lofts - 4437 N. Ravenswood, Chicago, IL 60640
For more information: Phyllis Timpo at Phyllis @outreachexperts.com